The Space Needle is My Neighbor

EIGHT YEARS AND COUNTING What Have We Learned So Far?
"A mind stretched by a new idea can never go back to its original dimensions." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
IMPORTANT NOTE: Click on the captions with dots. They are live links to additional content.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Two Days Off - My Mini "Staycation"




I don't know if Peri coined this phrase on her own, but I saw it on her site and so I'm indulging in my own two-day version. It's all I could get for now (whimper). In the meantime, please enjoy poking around the George Eastman House website. It's wonderful.
Check out the collections of lantern slides and movie promo images. The house itself is very cool and served as the home to silent film star Louise Brooks until her death. George was a very nice man.

2 Comments:

Blogger FancyPants said...

Don't know it, but I've enjoyed living out one of their concepts for the last two days! Back to it, tomorrow. Grrrrrrr.

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Staycation comes from a 2005-6 season episode of Corner Gas where Brett ( Gas station owner ) takes a "vacation" by sitting in a lawn chair, sipping drinks and pretending to be lounging in some foreign tropical vacation spot, while he's actually just 20 feet from the gas station he owns.( Since Brett cant afford the real thing )To complete the illusion, he communicates to his friends by speaking to them as if he was a postcard! " Dear Lacey, wish you were here!"

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home