The Space Needle is My Neighbor

EIGHT YEARS AND COUNTING What Have We Learned So Far?
"A mind stretched by a new idea can never go back to its original dimensions." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
IMPORTANT NOTE: Click on the captions with dots. They are live links to additional content.

Monday, April 17, 2006

My Taxes Are Done



I've been thinking about the Mock Turtle ever since I did the Humpty Dumpty post. Now I know why.

They had not gone far before they saw the Mock Turtle in the distance, sitting sad and lonely on a little ledge of rock, and as they came nearer, Alice could hear him sighing as if his heart would break. She pitied him deeply. A stack of W-2s and various 1040 forms littered the beach around him.

3 Comments:

Blogger FancyPants said...

Good girl! Mine have been sitting completed (in pencil) for a couple of months. I just couldn't face the fact that I owed (again...grrr)
and I was counting on magical thinking to make the numbers rearrange themselves.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

As always we waited until the last second to finish our taxes. We literally were the last ones allowed in the post office last night.

But then, we always endeavour to make life an adventure.

4:15 PM  
Blogger FancyPants said...

Right on, Scat! Live life to the fullest. I used to love watching the news in Chicago on the 15th when people would drive by the main post office downtown just before midnight and then throw their envelopes at the waiting postal employees. What sport, eh?

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home