The Space Needle is My Neighbor

EIGHT YEARS AND COUNTING What Have We Learned So Far?
"A mind stretched by a new idea can never go back to its original dimensions." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
IMPORTANT NOTE: Click on the captions with dots. They are live links to additional content.

Friday, April 07, 2006

I Love Alton Brown


Now that I've given up CNN for The Food Network, I just can't seem to get enough of Alton Brown. Bummer! He was just here on the 1st of the month. I can't believe I didn't know.
Here's a description of his show, "Good Eats":
Pop culture, comedy, and plain good eating: Host Alton Brown explores the origins of ingredients, decodes culinary customs and presents food and equipment trends. Punctuated by unusual interludes, simple preparations and unconventional discussions, he'll bring you food in its finest and funniest form.
He's cute in that Warren Zevon kind of way (maybe it's the glasses?) which I can't resist for some reason and if you remember, Warren's last bit of advice before he left us was to "Enjoy Every Sandwich". Last night I watched Alton make a grilled cheese. And then I waited for the re-run and watched him do it again. (awwww.......)

2 Comments:

Blogger FancyPants said...

Duh. He DOES look like Thomas Dolby-but for a long time I always confused the two of them. It's the hair and the glasses thing. Totally cute. His daughter's name is Zooey. Of course.

11:52 AM  
Blogger FancyPants said...

"Sexy Geek" = "He blinded me with Science....". What the #$%& did we call Home Ec in my day, Domestic Arts? Domestic Sciences...I can't remember.

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home