The Space Needle is My Neighbor

EIGHT YEARS AND COUNTING What Have We Learned So Far?
"A mind stretched by a new idea can never go back to its original dimensions." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
IMPORTANT NOTE: Click on the captions with dots. They are live links to additional content.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Project Runway - "I'm Underwhelmed"

As much as I hate to do it, I'm going to have to appropriate Michael Kors' signature comment to describe how I feel about the new season of Project Runway. The designers all seem so......creepy or weird or just plain forgettable, I guess. Tonight is the episode where somebody gets disqualified and is sent packing. Shocking!!! Who cares. My vague impression of this crop of competitors is that there's an anorexic Geena Davis lookalike who hates dogs, a very "ggggggay" ( expression courtesy of last season, when we still cared) southern boy with a fabulous! complexion, some guy with a Maori tattoo around his neck like a collar, (ouch!), a skinny smart-ass guy who insists on doing everything "his way" and still doesn't get eliminated, (yeah, we know where this one's going-right to the final three), someone named Uli who when she talks, sounds like we think Bjork would sound if we ever heard her talk, and then there's a bunch of other people. Guess I'll just have to wait around for the next season of Top Chef. At least there's sharp implements ("Please pack your knives and go!") with that one, and unforgettable phrases like, "I ain't your bitch, bitch".

1 Comments:

Blogger FancyPants said...

Well color me stupid-
of course it was the guy who liked to do things his way.

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home