The Space Needle is My Neighbor

EIGHT YEARS AND COUNTING What Have We Learned So Far?
"A mind stretched by a new idea can never go back to its original dimensions." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
IMPORTANT NOTE: Click on the captions with dots. They are live links to additional content.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

My New Living Room

With two days off, I decided to enlist B's help in coming up with a design to renovate my living room. It's needed a re-do for at least a couple of years now, but I was initially reluctant to turn the focus away from his current work in the aero-space industry, because he enjoys it very much.
Apartments can be so cramped, but I think this does a wonderful job of opening up the space; creating a really dramatic and inspirational area for me to write in. I appreciate the fact that B was so willing to re-employ the skills he learned in his former career as an architect to help me realize this dream. A case of Bollinger is definitely in order to show my thanks for a job well done. Next up: B removes my appendix. Blindfolded. Is there nothing that he can't do?

4 Comments:

Blogger FancyPants said...

OK. The "joke" seems to have been lost on people....
B said that my site made him look like he had a life (he does, by the way), so I told him I was going to step it up and make it even bigger. He wanted to be an architect, but the draft got in the way.

I'll let you know how the appendix thing works out. I'm hoping for not too big of a scar......

7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your new interior looks strangly familiar. Ever been to PA. I didn't see your spectacular view either.

Frank

11:20 AM  
Blogger FancyPants said...

Hey "Frank"~

I'd love to respond, but I feel I must treat you in a cold and condescending way since you've forsaken a life of the mind,
unlike the rest of us. :^P

I just can't picture you as a hockey player. Is it hard work?

9:23 PM  
Blogger FancyPants said...

People, people...it's Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater....
I feel too guilty to let the deception continue.

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home