The Space Needle is My Neighbor

EIGHT YEARS AND COUNTING What Have We Learned So Far?
"A mind stretched by a new idea can never go back to its original dimensions." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
IMPORTANT NOTE: Click on the captions with dots. They are live links to additional content.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

The Music In Me

Ever since I got my laptop last summer, I've become a cd compilation-making machine. For awhile I was making one a week, but now I have more concepts than I have the time to put them together and bring them to life. With some of them, it doesn't even matter if they ever get made. I'll sit here thinking up concepts and then making covers all night long. It's kind of like interviewing really hard for a job you think you want. After you get it, you're not even interested enough to take it. It was the pursuit of the perfect job that kept you engaged; not the prospect of whatever deadly-dull work you were going to end up doing as a result of your earnest efforts. For awhile I had a similar "problem" with the art that I was making. I got so involved in making the boxes and the frames for the pieces that I didn't even bother finishing the rest of the work. Constructing the containers meant to hold the images became the entire work and I didn't feel the need to fill them with anything. They simply stood on their own. These are covers from some of the cds that did make it off the drawing board. Yes, every once in awhile I do manage to see something through to completion. If you click on the picture, you might even be able to make out some of my wise-ass titles.

1 Comments:

Blogger FancyPants said...

Send me yer address and I'll send ya some tunes anytime..

XOXO

FP

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home