The Space Needle is My Neighbor

EIGHT YEARS AND COUNTING What Have We Learned So Far?
"A mind stretched by a new idea can never go back to its original dimensions." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
IMPORTANT NOTE: Click on the captions with dots. They are live links to additional content.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Sleep Tight, Morons!

No, not YOU...."ST,M's" is a quote from The Catcher in the Rye. I knew a guy who used to use the phrase quite often. This was back in the early 80's. I worked at a bookstore then and his girlfriend was a co-worker. Every once in awhile, I've tried to track him down because he was a photographer with a lot of talent and I would wonder if he ever made it big. He went to places like Northern Ireland and Beirut. His work was interesting. Now I think I may have found him.
I found some images for a show that's opening at a gallery somewhere in New England. The photographer is Jeffrey Bishop and that was his name. I sent an email to the contact name listed for the gallery. Let's see if I hear anything back.

2 Comments:

Blogger FancyPants said...

It's strange how someone I didn't really know all that well has bounced in and out of my consciousness for two decades or longer. I remember he turned me on to Delmore Schwartz (In Dreams Begin Responsibilities) and John Kennedy Toole's Confederacy of Dunces. For some reason now I'm also remembering Dave Thomas, the lead singer from Pere Ubu. He had his own peculiar kind of notoriety back home because he had the same name as the founder of Wendy's, which if you don't know started in Columbus. Ubu Dave is from Akron, however. Close enough.

2:15 PM  
Blogger FancyPants said...

Late-breaking development. It IS him. Just got an email from the gallery associate.

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home