The Space Needle is My Neighbor

EIGHT YEARS AND COUNTING What Have We Learned So Far?
"A mind stretched by a new idea can never go back to its original dimensions." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
IMPORTANT NOTE: Click on the captions with dots. They are live links to additional content.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

The Power of Words


It's late. I just got home from work a couple of hours ago and it was a tough, long day with a lot of twists and turns, but something I saw tonight put a smile on my face and a warm feeling in my heart; yeah, my old kicked-around heart. Someone I've never met, at least not in the traditional sense, wrote about me on her site and celebrated the fact that we have the ability to reach out and connect with people; to touch them, make them think, make them laugh and let them know they are not alone in the world. I don't want to get all goofy-anybody who knows me will tell you that I can get emotional over the smallest kindnesses-but I was truly touched by this gesture of friendship.
Peri, thanks for letting me know I'm not just typing into the wind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home