The Space Needle is My Neighbor

EIGHT YEARS AND COUNTING What Have We Learned So Far?
"A mind stretched by a new idea can never go back to its original dimensions." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
IMPORTANT NOTE: Click on the captions with dots. They are live links to additional content.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Finally, There Are Pancakes



I really love carbohydrates. Finding a place where I can get them in the middle of the night is pretty cool. I think my bout of homesickness has finally found a cure at The Hurricane Cafe. No arugula or complicated sauces, (although there's definitely a place in the world for them, too). Just pancakes. And a lot of coffee. Just like back home. If you can live to 112 on a diet of waffles, then maybe with a late start in life I can make it to at least 90 if I keep going back for more. Thanks, P.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE the Hurricane! You can get Vanilla Dr. Pepper there, w/ vanilla mixed in not the stuff already made!

11:14 PM  
Blogger FancyPants said...

That's pretty cool-when I was a kid we used to go to a drive-in back home that made real vanilla cokes-years before all of this pre-made crap showed up. I remember the first time I had one. It was like...."Wow, you can actually make a coke taste better!"
I was pretty simple back then :)

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're still pretty simple....and I like it. Pass the bacon.

6:40 PM  
Blogger FancyPants said...

I thought you hated their bacon........my sausage however, was excellent. I'm willing to share....usually.

I KNEW you wanted my meatloaf sandwich. :)

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

forget meatloaf. . .get the chicken fried steak & eggs!

11:23 PM  
Blogger FancyPants said...

We had the meat loaf somewhere else, but I would like to try the chicken-fried steak at the 5 Point.
I hear it's verrrrry good there.

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home