The Space Needle is My Neighbor

EIGHT YEARS AND COUNTING What Have We Learned So Far?
"A mind stretched by a new idea can never go back to its original dimensions." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
IMPORTANT NOTE: Click on the captions with dots. They are live links to additional content.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

World Goes To Hell - Meanwhile, At Mount St. Helens....

Magnitude 3.6 earthquake shakes Mount St. Helens

MOUNT ST. HELENS, Wash. -- A magnitude 3.6 earthquake shook Mount St. Helens Tuesday morning, one of the largest earthquakes recorded during the ongoing eruption, the U.S. Geological Survey said. The 9:56 a.m. quake triggered significant rock falls from the lava dome and crater walls that sent plumes of dust to the rim. Lava has continued to push into the crater - most recently forming a sheer rock fin - since the 8,364-foot mountain reawakened with a drumfire of low-level seismic activity in September 2004. The crater was formed by the volcano's deadly May 18, 1980, eruption that killed 57 people and blasted about 1,300 feet off the then-9,677-foot peak.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to see her blow! That's sounds different when you say it outloud. Ummmm. I just want to see a volcano erupt. I have been to the Volcano National Park in Hawaii. That was awesome! I got to stand on lava! oh, yeah, I posted another blog.

11:28 AM  
Blogger FancyPants said...

Yup, "potty mouth" just about sums it up.... :) hee hee.

I'll be checkin' out your site.
Can I stand on some lava while I read it? That would be neat!

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home